Friday, January 25, 2008

Braces!!

Today I had an 18 year old boy with braces. He never flosses and so as you can imagine he really had a lot of build up. He was a good patient and I was very pleased with how well the appointment went. I was able to get him done all the way. I also found 2 cavities which was fun that I actually saw them and then had the dentist confirm that. I taught him how to use super floss and suggested that he go on fluoride. I recommended prevident which is prescription strength fluoride containing toothpaste. The downfall of the day was that my probe broke. It almost killed me. I also am upset and disturbed by the "service" that supposedly that kid thinks he is getting for free, but he is not!! I have no idea what to do about that. I have cleaned 8 quads and taken 12 BWX thus far so I really hope I can kick this up and get it finished.

No comments: