Friday, January 25, 2008

Class 3 baby all the way!

Today my dear sweet patient was a class III. It was a total learning experience. I really had no idea what I was in for. When he got there and we got going I noticed right away the plaque and calculus build up. He had several teeth with mobility and the gaps where he had missing teeth was tipped and it was hard to distinguish between them. He took a good long time just to go through and chart restorations. He had several areas with really deep probe depths. He is 73 years old and has poor oral hygiene. It was really quite the learning day. It took a long time to fill out his patient chart. I am way excited that I found my class III today. It is going to take several appointments to get him taken care of. I set a goal of cleaning one side of his mouth and then I will just go from there. He is a great patient and very nice.

No comments: